Prevention and Awareness
The Cottage participates in a number of community awareness events throughout the year. For a complete listing please visit our website frequently or become a friend of The Cottage on Facebook or Twitter.
- The 1BlueString Campaign promotes awareness and support of male survivors of sexual abuse. Supporters are encouraged to replace the E string of their guitar with one blue string. This one blue string represents the 1 in 6 male survivors of child sexual abuse within our community.
- The Cottage participates in Take Back the Night. Take Back the Night is an annual event organized by the Womenís Studies Student Organization of the University of Georgia. This event is to confront violence against women with a rally, empowerment march, and survivor speak out.
- The Cottage works closely with the Office of Relationship and Sexual Violence Prevention at the University of Georgia to participate in events on the campus of UGA.
- The Cottage facilitates a number of events annually to promote both child abuse prevention and sexual assault awareness during the month of April.
Programs focusing on Prevention and Education
The Cottage is available to provide prevention and education information on a variety of subjects, such as:
- Teen Healthy Relationships
- Safe Dates: A program focusing on decreasing sexual violence among teens.
- Teen and Young Adult Sexual Assault Prevention
- Child Sexual Abuse Prevention
- Protecting Our Children
- Darkness to Light
- Predatory Drugs and Drug Facilitated Rape
- Sexual Assault Examinations
- Sexual Harassment and Discrimination
- Mandated Reporting of Child Abuse
- The Multi-Disciplinary Team Process
- Investigation of Crimes Against Children
- Volunteer Management
- Trauma Response from Victims of Child Abuse and Sexual Assault
- Crisis Counseling when working with Sexual Assault Survivors
If you are interested in learning more about The Cottage prevention programs please contact The Cottage hotline.
Call our Hotline: 1.877.363.1912